lamp shades for c34 1988

Previous topic - Next topic

rjhayden

Does  anyone know where I can get shades for the 12v bulkhead lights?
Thanks,
Bob Hayden  C-34 Timothy 708

Kevin Henderson

Hi Bob,
I'm not certain about finding replacemnent shades on our 88's.  Maybe looking in a salvage yard or possibly contacting Catalina Yachts.

However, I've been eyeballing replacing the entire fixture with a glass shade as shown in the link to CD.  A bit pricey but I think they could spiff up the existing fixtures quite nicely.   :abd:

http://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=2536&ParentCat=336
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

Ron Hill

Guys : The fixtures are nice, but the only GLASS I have onboard are glasses that can be dropped from a 10ft ladder on to concrete and bounce !!

A thought 
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

I looked around for similar type fixtures a few years ago, because I like the light they put out:  the shades diffuse the light into the V berth and when tilted correctly provide great reading light.  I couldn't find any.  The replacement fixtures back then only had solid sides.  I'm sure there are some out there now.  I've replaced the bulbs with LEDs.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Stephen Butler

We went with the same lights that Stu used and have been very pleased with the results.  Appreciate Ron's comments on having glass shades aboard and we spent years trying to find replacements for the originals that didn't cost $100 or more, and would mount in the same space at the originals.   As it turns out, the glass shades are thick enough to take a good knock and the light they provide is pleasant. For our use, they turned out to be a viable replacement and would recommend them as an acceptable alternative.  Hope this is of help.
Steve & Nancy
Wildflecken II
1990, #1023