A/C Location

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Jones

I like the Google site search during this time of search being down. My question is this, has anyone mounted a marine a/c unit under the aft cabin in either the settee storage or the aft portion of the engine compartment under the bed?
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

KINGAIR350

Ours is a 16k Mermaid located under the V-ee berth with a louvered intake under the main drawer exhaust starboard side with asplitter 2''
skeet (aircraft corrugated hose) running to the rear berth that has a rotating vent , the V-ee berth has a similar set up not to hard of an
installation and its own main breaker on the master panel . Hope this helps . Dont forget to use zinc chromate on your drip pan for condensation considerations. If you need a Mermaid condensation venturi set up let me know,  condensation doesnt drain into your bilge let me know I have an extra.

Good Luck !

Ken Juul

Not sure you will have enough vertical clearance except right over the shaft.  Then it will complicate or make it impossible to change your packing/service the trans.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

chuck53

I would think space in the aft cabin, either underneath the bunk or the settee would be awfully tight if big enough at all.
Most people either put them underneath the V berth or the forward dinette seat.  I put mine in the cabinet between the nav station and head.

Exodus

I have a 16k btu King-Aire that was installed in the cockpit locker by the PO with the return air vent in the head.  There is an insulated partition around the unit to separate it from the rest of the locker.  I have two A/C vents, one in aft cabin and one at nav station.  I have never seen or heard of anyone else using this location.