Bow pulpit hold down bolts

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Gendreau

I noticed one of the hold down bolts on the bow pulpit foot (port side, the aft most foot)  was loose.   I assumed that the bolt end and nut was accessible in the vee berth by removing the celing panel outboard of the teak trim...but after removing that panel, it looks lke the bolts are hidden by the wooden block that the ceiling panel screws are attached to?

Do these machine screws go into some sort of threaded connector in the wooden block?
Perhaps the loose screw I have is  just too shart to reach it?

Sorry if this has been posted before, but as we are all aware, the forum search function  is still OOS.

Roland Gendreau
1992 MK 1.5
Gratitude #1183
Bristol, RI

Stu Jackson

IIRC, Lance Jones had reported on these blocks and the advice was to remove the block for access.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

ghebbns

I just rebedded the pulpit with butyl tape this weekend.  On my boat (1990 Mk 1.5), unlike the other stanchions, the pulpit foot actually screwed down into a threaded connection - there are no nuts for these.  Not sure if this is unique to my boat.

Greg
1990 C34 #1040
M 25XP

Ed Shankle

Put in a new pulpit a couple of weeks ago; the aft feet were accessible after removing the covers outboard of the teak trim and the fore feet were accessible through the beckson port in the anchor well. All 4 feet were secured with machine screws, washers and nuts.

Ed
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA