Mk II holding tank capacity

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Laver

This is more for your info since I doubt any of you are compulsive (or dumb) enough to do this, but after pumping out today I decided to measure the capacity of our holding tank. When the 42 gallon aft water tank is actually 30 gallons (see earlier post) I thought I might find some similar inflated capacities with the holding tank. Unfortunately I was right. After a couple of fresh water rinses I opened the inspection port and poured water in with my calibrated bucket: 13 gallons. Not 18. The tank's a Ronco B212.

Next project is installing a New Providence Solo-1 tank monitoring system.
Mick and Sherrie Laver
CINNAMON
1999 C34 Mk II #1432
San Diego, CA

cmainprize

Hi, not sure if I dumb or compulsive but I did the same thing a couple of years ago when I pulled my holding tank out and had a new 29 gallon one made.  The thread including pictures is on the site.
Cory Mainnprize
Mystic
Hull # 1344
M35
Midland Ontario

tonywright

Cory, how is the new tank "holding" up?

BTW, I can confirm the 212 is 12 CDN (imperial) gallons.

Tony
Tony Wright
#1657 2003 34 MKII  "Vagabond"
Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa, Canada

cmainprize

Tony, new tank works great and with the water levels so low in Georgian bay we have lost access to two the locations we used to pump out so the big tank is more needed then ever.  The pictures I posted last year did not have the premium hose or larger vent hooked up but I made that change near the end of the season. 

Cory Mainnprize
Mystic
Hull # 1344
M35
Midland Ontario

cmainprize

I can't remember if I measured in us or canuck gallons, I used the same bucket to measure both and the old was 13 and the new 29.
Cory Mainnprize
Mystic
Hull # 1344
M35
Midland Ontario