Rebedding Bomar hatches

Previous topic - Next topic

Set2sea

My Bomar hatch lens in the salon needs to be rebed. It is loose on one side. I have purchased a Dow Corning sealant. What I am trying to understand is what the gaskets job is in these hatches. My last boat's hatch didn't have a gasket. The lens just sat in a pocket of bedding compound.
Not understanding this, I'm not really sure what the procedure is. Do I need to remove the gasket and do anything with it? Do I just pull out lens clean caulking and recaulk?
Paul Barrett
S/V BuddyB
Salem, ma

Ron Hill

Set2 i: If you contact Bomar (603)826-5791 in NH, they have a set is resealing the lens instructions!!
Ron, Apache #788

Set2sea

Paul Barrett
S/V BuddyB
Salem, ma

Stu Jackson

There was a recent topic about this, IIRC, www.pompanette.com represents Bowmar.

We recently rebed our entire hatch, see Mainsheet May 2013.  We used butyl tape.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Set2sea

Quote from: Stu Jackson on May 28, 2013, 01:27:23 PM
There was a recent topic about this, IIRC, www.pompanette.com represents Bowmar.

We recently rebed our entire hatch, see Mainsheet May 2013.  We used butyl tape.

I have been using butyl tape for stanchion and new cleat rebedding. I would be interested in seeing article in Mainsheet but my list of mainsheet articles seems to stop around 2010.
I did get the instructions emailed to me by Pompanette.
Paul Barrett
S/V BuddyB
Salem, ma