Search Broken?

Previous topic - Next topic

pablosgirl

All,

I have been trying to use the search engine to find threads on the Adler-Barbour cold machine.  Mine quit cooling this week and I want to search but I get this error on any search I rey:
2: pspell_new()[<a href="function pspell-new'>function pspell-new</a>: PSPELL couldn't open the dictionary. reason: no word lists can be found for the language "en".
File: /home/c34org5/public_html/bbs/Source/search php
Line: 700

Any one else having problems using the site search engine?

Paul
Paul & Cyndi Shields
1988 hull# 551 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
M25XP

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

reedbr

Yes for me as well. My oil pressure light went on coming into the slip this weekend and I was trying to do a search on common issues. I have to admit the crew did a fine job on sailing the last couple hundred yards into the slip though!
Brian Reed
1997 C34 mkII "Ambitious"
St. Mary's River, MD

Stu Jackson

We now all should understand that the search feature is broken, and our webmaster is working on it with the software vendor.  We certainly appreciate that folks miss it, means they've been using it!  That's great.

In the meantime, if you have a question, why not just ask it?  We'll do whatever we can to help in the meantime until the search feature is repaired.

No "dumb" or "repeat" questions these days!  :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jim Hardesty

This is off the topic.  For Brian,
When my low oil pressure warning light came on it was a broken tab on the oil pressure sending unit.  Yours may be as simple as a connection that came undone.  The sending unit is near the bottom of the engine and hard to find the first time.  When you go looking for it have a engine diagram, flashlight and inspection mirror handy.  
Hope it's that simple,
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

reedbr

Jim-

Many thanks for going off-topic! Based on this diagram, it looks like part #17, and a good cheap place to start at $18. This appears to be the starboard side of the engine based on the dipstick. Do you remember if that is correct for your MkII?

http://www.marinedieseldirect.com/catalogs/catalog_group.php?owner=mdd&page_ident=201021-8&model=M-25XPB%20M-35B%20M-40B&manufacturer=Universal&title=OIL%20PAN%20ASSEMBLY,%20OIL%20PRESSURE%20SWITCH%20-%20M-35B%20/%20M-40B&quant_position=&catalog=201021&printparts=201021&printservice=&printoperators=&comment1=

Sorry for going further off-topic, but I wanted to make sure Jim got my thanks.
Brian Reed
1997 C34 mkII "Ambitious"
St. Mary's River, MD

Jim Hardesty

Brian,
That was a few years ago, as I recall the sending unit is port side in front of or below the starter.  It's a little special in that it has 2 connection tabs.  One goes to the warning light/buzzer.  One goes to shut down the fuel pump.  A good theory, but I think the engine would keep running long enough (with no oil pressure) to do damage.
It may be a part you can only get from a Westerbeke dealer.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA