Anyone know the sailmaker associated with this logo?

Previous topic - Next topic

awesome34

My genoa needs at least a new UV cover.   I am not necessarily going to go back to the maker of this sail, but the previous owner bought the sail and I should probably know what brand of sail it is.  I don't see any other markings on the sail. 

Thanks,
Eric   

Kevin Henderson

Eric,

I did a quick search and did'nt find anything close to any of the more common sailmakers.

Take your Genoa down to the folks at Ullman Sails in Shelter Island.  They did a fine job of repairing my old Genoa before I bought my new one from them. 
(They always have a sale in September for sails to be delivered in the Spring)
They are very helpful.   :abd:
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

Les Luzar

Eric,
Can't help you with that logo, however, ask your sailing friends who they use and if they are happy with them and find a local loft that you are comfortable with and is easy for you to get to. In my case, I had Ulman put a UV cover on my Genoa and I had Doyle repair my main sail. Both did excellent work. They might know that logo.... but I wouldn't worry about it....
Les Luzar
#355    1987
Windshadow
Long Beach, CA

Ron Hill

Eric : Can't help you on the sailmaker, but here are a couple of tips:
1. Go with the Sunbrella for the UV cover.  The Dacron UV does not hold up as well!!
2. Make sure that the UV cover goes around the edge of the sail so it also protects the leech and enclosed leech line!!

A few thoughts 
Ron, Apache #788

awesome34

Thank you very much for the advice guys.  I have heard good things about Ullman Sails from quite a few people now, so I plan to take my sail to their local loft and see what they recommend. 

-Eric

Ralph Masters

Eric,
I also took my head sail to Ullman when I needed a repair on the sail cover.  Very professional group of people in there.  Restiched the Sunbrella cover and did a sail inspection, did not try to sell me a new sail.

Ralph
Ciao Bella
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Indian Falls

My local canvas guy has made repairs to my main and head sail and replaced the UV cover... don't underestimate guys who can sew canvas, you don't have to run to a loft for minor repairs.   
Dan & Dar
s/v Resolution, 1990 C34 997
We have enough youth: how about a fountain of "smart"?

TonyP

It will come down to the thread that they use to sew with ... you need a "Profilen" or "Tenara" thread that is a HDPE thread. Lesser quality will degrade in the sun. These threads here have a 15year warranty.

cheers
Tony
Tony Plunkett
C34 Moonshadow
1992  Hull#1174
Pittwater / Newport
NSW Australia