Fleet 14 is about to launch.

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertSchuldenfrei

We have approval to form Fleet 14 in Southeastern Florida.  We are putting off the formal formation until mid-August so that we can have a goodly number of "founding" members.  The announcement will be in the 2013 Summer issue of Mainsheet Magazine.  You can read more about it on our website: http://c34.org/fleet14/Fleet14.htm .  There will be a link shortly under the "Fleets" topic, but for now you are just going to have to type in the complete URL.

If you are in Southeastern Florida, go to the webpage and join our fleet.  Stand by for other news coming out of our area.

Robert Schuldenfrei
Acting Fleet Captain
Esprit du Vent #422
Robert Schuldenfrei
Esprit du Vent - #422

Ron Hill

Robert : Congratulations, I started Fleet 12 the summer of 1999 with two other C34s.
We will be having our spring meeting on 13 April to plan the 2013 season.

Hope the Fleet 14 interest is as strong as ours in Fleet 12!

Good Luck from us all!!
Ron, Apache #788

Joe Kern

So where does SE Florida end on the northern side? 

Signed,

A man without a fleet  8)
Joe Kern
2005 Catalina 34MKII
Hull # 1717
Merritt Island, Fl

RobertSchuldenfrei

Quote from: Joe Kern on March 26, 2013, 06:45:41 PM
So where does SE Florida end on the northern side? 

Signed,

A man without a fleet  8)

Since there is no fleet on the east coast of Florida, we will welcome anyone.  For practical purposes we are going to concentrate on the counties of Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach.  We will likely hold meetings and events in Boca Raton.  HOWEVER, if we get more "founding" members to the north, we will shift our base of operations.

Bob
Robert Schuldenfrei
Esprit du Vent - #422

RobertSchuldenfrei

OK, there is now a link on the Fleet page to Fleet 14.  This means that the Fleet 14 is full operational.  That does not mean it is complete.  We will be building our site as we go along.  Fleet 14 is in the list building phase of our launch.  I will be in France from April 19th until May 4th.  From now until I get back I will be collecting names of owners, dealers, yacht clubs, sailing clubs, and marinas.  If you have contacts of these types in southeastern Florida, please send them to me (bob@s-i-inc.com).  By the time I get back the 2013 Summer edition of the Mainsheet should be in reader's hands.  It will be then that the big recruitment push will happen.  It is our goal to have a large crowd at the Fleet 14 launch party in mid-August.

A tip of the hat goes out to Dave Sanner for getting our site operational.

Cheers,

Bob
Robert Schuldenfrei
Esprit du Vent - #422