Facet Fuel Filter

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Henderson

I've been catching up on all my left over winter maintenance projects after my shoulder surgery.  Of those projects, I've gone through and replaced all of my filters.  I did the Racor, and the (secondary) fuel filter on the engine.  The one filter I had not yet replaced was my facet fuel filter.  To be honest, I didn't know where or how exactly to do it.  Again I checked out Mainsails awesome site and followed the more than simple directions. 
http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/facet_fuel_pump_filter

Couldnt be easier!!

Now I have a question, after changing out all the filters, is it possible that I could notice a slight increase (while idling) in engine RPM?  It seems that since changing all the fuel filters, my RPMs went up about 100-200.  Is that possible?  or am I amagining something?
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

Ron Hill

Kevin : If you were experiencing partial fuel starvation at the injection pump -- you could very well see an increase in idle engine rpm after filter changes.
That also might mean that you need to clean your fuel tank!?!

The screen in the Facet fuel pump screens VISIBLE pieces of junk in the fuel !!  It is so course you can't even talk in microns!! That's why I mentions back in the mid 1990s that it was important to make sure that the electric fuel pump was after the RACOR FILTER.

a thought
Ron, Apache #788