Relocating boat to Rock Hall, Maryland

Previous topic - Next topic

Wobegon

I am relocating to the Wilmington, Delaware area and will be moving my C34 to the Rock Hall, MD area from Lake Erie.  There are many marinas in Rock Hall and I have talked with them all.  Does anyone have any recommendations on marinas they would suggest mooring?  Or, any marinas that I should avoid.   Obviously, any advice about Rock Hall and/or sailing in the Chesapeake would be appreciated.  Thank you.   

BillG

I was at Osprey Point Marina for 7 years until 2010 and it is probably the nicest marina on the bay, tho it was getting a bit pricy. floating docks, very clean, and there is an Inn there with a great restaurant.  If you need more info email me and we could talk by phone.
Bill
Rock Hall, MD

tom475

Back in the late 70's I was at Georgetown Yacht Basin on the Sasafras River, this is north of Rock Hall, they had both floating docks and moorings.  Google maps still shows them there.

Ron Hill

Wo : You might want to check out the Lankford Creek Marina up the Chester River (not that far from Rock Hall).  Nicer cost and a very nice marina.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Roc

We've  been at Haven Harbour for 12 years.  Very nice marina.  They also can do any repairs or maintenance, so it's convenient if you need work done.  Haven Harbour is more family oriented.  Osprey Point is nice too, but I would say less of a "family" atmosphere, and more quiet if you like that type of marina.  Haven Harbour has one floating dock (just installed last season) and two fixed docks.

Here's the link
http://www.havenharbour.com/

If you do decide to go there, mention my name and I'll get a discount on my next service  :thumb:

You can email me off line with any specific questions.  We've been in Rock Hall many years and can give you a good idea about the town.
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

BillG

Both Osprey Point and haven harbor are on the  Swan Creek side of Rock hall, in fact next to each other.  You might want to avoid the 2 marinas inside of Rock Hall Harbor as there are a couple of restaurants over there that have outside music in the summer that runs late and is pretty loud.
Bill
Rock Hall, MD