Places to advertise a C34 for sale?

Previous topic - Next topic

heliraf

Hello fellow C34 owners,

I've just put my C34 up for sale on the "C34s for sale" section of this website, and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions where there might be other good places to advertise it.  I will also put it on Craigslist for my local area, Long Beach CA.  For the time being I will try to sell it myself without a broker.  So, if you know of some special place or publication where boaters look for boats, particularly in Southern CA, let me know.

Thanks a lot!

Raf

chuck53

Boattraderonline.com is a very large website.
Also, sailboat listing.com is a good place.

gwp

www.sailingtexas.com

is good exposure at reasonable (donation) rate. Very popular site. Good luck

Jim Hardesty

I don't know how it is other palces.  Around here a most good boats at a fair price get sold to someone who knows the boat.  Sailors who are dock-mates, have a smaller boat and want to move up are good prospects.  Put a For Sale sign up.  Most marina's and Yacht Clubs even some bars frequented by sailors have bulletin boards.  Make up something to post, add your slip number if you feel your boat to be secure.  Pass them to friends that keep there boat in differnt places.
Try my favorite magazine "Good Old Boat"  they just did an article on a Catalina 34.  Haven't looked at their rates recently, they used to be real good, and they have an online presence.  www.goodoldboat.com
Wish you luck selling.  I think that by posting here you get sailors that want a Catalina 34, and by advertising localy you will get most of the good prospects.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Les Luzar

Raf,
You might try the bulletin board at West Marine in Long Beach, and Newport as well as the Captn's Locker. C-34's are pretty popular so it would be worth a try...
Les Luzar
#355    1987
Windshadow
Long Beach, CA

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Clay Greene

We used Sailboatowners.com and sailboat listings.com and got the most interest from sailboatowners. It would be nice if you could find a way to get onto yachtworld without having a brokered listing because I think that gets the most traffic.
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

heliraf

Thanks very much for the suggestions, appreciate it.

Cheers,

Raf