Water in the bilge

Previous topic - Next topic

chuck53

Here's a thought no one has mentioned....check your anchor locker.  My boat was always getting a lot of water in it then one day I was nosing around my anchor locker.  I realized there was an inspection port in it that was missing it's screw-in cover.  In a heavy rain, a lot of water can enter into your locker and without that cover, it all goes straight to the bilge.

stevewitt1

I believe there is also a drain hose that connects the anchor locker drain to a thru hull on the side of the hull.  I would think there would be some telltale water marks in the bow storage below the V-birth as it has to make its way through to the bilge.

Steve

visit us at www.ocontoyachtclub.com and www.warbirdsix.com

Jeff Tancock

I had the fitting on the anchor locker drain through hull crack and leak...but the water stays in the section under the V berth. It is not continuous with the bilge.
Jeff Tancock
Stray Cat #630
Victoria, BC
Canada
1988 25xp

Bobg

I found a loose valve on one of my thru hulls, the engine water intake, after I tightend it the water that gets in the bilge was dramatically decreased,
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands