Cruising Concepts retrofit V-berth hatch

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Weiss

Just wondering if anyone has installed one of these, and if so, what are your thoughts/experiences? I want to replace the fiberglass hatch on my Mk I and this seems to be the only option that doesn't involve re-shaping the cutout.

Thanks, Steve

Steve Weiss

Just did a search and found that a few people have gone this route. Can anyone comment on the durability of the CC hatch and the seal? Any issues with leaking?

Ron Hill

Steve : I have often envied the 1986 C34 owners because they have an opaque V-berth hatch!!

Why ? They don't get "moon burnt" and don't have to make a sunbrilla cover to go over that hatch - so the Vberth is not lite up at 0530 in the summer.

My thoughts!!

Ron, Apache #788

Steve Weiss

Quote from: Ron Hill on November 09, 2012, 03:12:58 PM
Steve : I have often envied the 1986 C34 owners because they have an opaque V-berth hatch!!

Why ? They don't get "moon burnt" and don't have to make a sunbrilla cover to go over that hatch - so the Vberth is not lite up at 0530 in the summer.

My thoughts!!

Ron,

Valid points. I'm an early riser though, especially when I'm on the boat. I get woken up by the sun every morning- either that or a large dog jumping in my bed. The sun is less of a shock to my system.

Rick Johnson

Steve, I added one to my 1984 Catalina 30.  Fit and finish was good (not perfect but good) and I was very happy with the results.

Just my 2 cents.

Rick
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Steve Weiss

Quote from: Rick Johnson on November 09, 2012, 05:58:42 PM
Steve, I added one to my 1984 Catalina 30.  Fit and finish was good (not perfect but good) and I was very happy with the results.

Just my 2 cents.

Rick

Thanks Rick. I'm going ahead and ordering one. Mike Powell has been very pleasant and helpful to deal with.

Stephen Butler

We do not have the Cruising Concept hatch, but have seen several in Florida and spoken with their owners.  The look and fit appear very good and we have heard nothing but good comments from owners.  Hope this is of help.
Steve & Nancy
Wildflecken II
1990, #1023

Steve Weiss

Quote from: Stephen Butler on November 10, 2012, 12:08:27 AM
We do not have the Cruising Concept hatch, but have seen several in Florida and spoken with their owners.  The look and fit appear very good and we have heard nothing but good comments from owners.  Hope this is of help.

Thanks Steve, it is. Seems like every comment I've seen regarding them has been positive. That's reassuring.