gennaker from cruising direct, any experience?

Previous topic - Next topic

westcoaster

Going to buy a gennaker, have never bought a sail before.  I found a company called Cruising Direct, who sell North Sails at a big discount.  Anybody have any experience with them?

s michel

We bought our cruising spinnaker from "those guys"
in south Florida.  Without a doubt it was the best deal we could find.   We seldom need additional sail area over the stock 160 jib, so I wasn't so concerned over quality.

I must say that we would't reccomend them because after the sai(sale) ...support was non-existent.I was told to find another boat that had a similar sail.   Stick with a local shop or one of the national shops.  Support is important!

We're replacing the jib this year...whatever Catalina recommends is what we'll buy.

rirvine

Winter is the time to do some local looking around as many of the sail makers are not that busy and will give you a good deal.  They will give you better service when you need it and may even sail with you to show you how their particular sails are set etc.  Many of the discount people are not great on the service side.  

Also a serach of the forum will give you a good number of comments and suggestions

Ray
a