Installation of my espar heating

Previous topic - Next topic

andre

Hi i would like to install a air heating espar, I want to know where the best place for that and if you have some photos it would be very appreciate. I am on the lake Champlain and i have a c34 mk11  1997. We want to go on the st-laurent river in Québec and the temperature is much colder. Thank you.
L'Apache hull#1377  1997 Quebec Canada universal 35bc

Craig Illman

Andre - Look through the technotes for the past five years and find the article about installing the hydronic Espar instead of the air version. I think you'll be happier in the long run.

Craig

waterdog

Quote from: Craig Illman on September 24, 2012, 08:12:59 AM
Andre - Look through the technotes for the past five years and find the article about installing the hydronic Espar instead of the air version. I think you'll be happier in the long run.

Craig

Interesting.  I installed a Webasto air system and love it.  i drilled some  four inch holes instead one inch holes, but they are not that difficult to install   I dont get hot showers, but then again I never worry about the system leaking either...

A search on Webasto will bring you more info on air systems Andre included where to install route the ducting.  Espar air systems are pretty much the same.
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Craig Illman

I had an Espar air system on my boat, but it took up a lot of room in the lazarette. I had outlets in the aft cabin, head, just below the hanging locker in the salon and at the front of the port settee. I just wanted to give Andre something else to consider.

Craig

andre

Hi i don't find the tread about that and when you say lazarette where is it. I don't speak English very much. Thank you
L'Apache hull#1377  1997 Quebec Canada universal 35bc

patrice

Quote from: andre on September 25, 2012, 03:45:16 AM
Hi i don't find the tread about that and when you say lazarette where is it. I don't speak English very much. Thank you

Hi
Lazarette would be the cockpit locker.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Stu Jackson

Andre, on our Mark I we call the aft storage the lazarette and the other the port locker. 
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Craig Illman

Andre - The article on installing the Espar hydronic must have been in the Mainsheet Tech notes for another Catalina model. I gave the buyer of my boat all the copies I had collected, so I can't research. It must have been four to six years back?

Craig