Surveyor on north shore, MA

Previous topic - Next topic

mregan

Could anyone recommend a surveyor in or around the north shore of Mass.

Thanks

Jeff Kaplan

Look for Peter Hunt in Marine Surveyors.  He travels all over the state and I have used him 3 times.  Bought my boat in Wickford and he came down, sold one in Danvers and the buyers used him and when I put money down on a 34 I was going to buy but it eventually fell thru, I hired Peter.  He is very through and his print out is excellent....Jeff
#219, 1986 tall rig/shallow draft. "sedona sunset" atlantic-salem,ma

Ed Shankle

Another is Rob Scanlan. Out of Nahant, but covers NJ to ME.

Ed
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA

Analgesic

Gene Barnes out of Goucester has done two surveys for me, saved me from financial disaster when I almost bought a Pearson 31 with a wet deck and loose engine mounts.  He was quoted in Practical Sailor when they did an article on surveyors. 
Brian
Brian McPhillips  1988 #584  M25XP

mregan

Thanks for the help everyone.  Jeff, I ended up using Peter.  Had the survey yesterday.  Should have the report in my hands tomorrow.  Very thorough.  I think he was there 10 hrs going through everything.  I'm getting the boat for what I feel is a good price and there were some known issues which made that so.  It was nice being able to talk to Peter about what I was offering based on the issues and get his advice on whether he thought I was making a good decision based on his knowledge.  Thanks again.