Running warmer and possible exhaust leak

Previous topic - Next topic

mtullier

Check to make sure that your thermostat is opening properly and has no restrictions. 
Mike

noworries

Thanks for all the info.  It looks like the hard part is getting it off the motor, so I'll work that angle first, then take it off the muffler, then strip it down and see what it looks like.  One of the threads had a picture of the part so knowing it's all one piece helped.
1991 Catalina 34 Mark 1.5 w/ M35

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Mark Sutherland

For what it's worth, when I bought my 1986 C34, it ran at about 190 degrees.  I immediately a)Demineralized the RW system with an Ascylic Acid solutions, b)I installed a new OB RW pump, and c)I replaced the thermostat.  I also cleaned the contact for the temp sensor at the engine to make sure it wasn't fouled and sending a bad temp reading.  My engine has run at 162 degrees since(2 years).
Dunrobin II, 1986 C34 MK1 #170

Stu Jackson

We also should point out that they make two different thermostats:  160 & 180.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."