Global display for Knots/depth

Previous topic - Next topic

Indian Falls

My knots and depth have been inaccurate for a while now. I just discovered how to get into the display to play with the gain and linearity for the speed.  Does anyone have the instructions for this?
I cannot locate a shred of info either in the wide world web or in this forum... I do hope that Stu and or Ron will slap me upside the head with a link.... I searched for 30 minutes here and no hints were available.

My display has two buttons:  Cal and Mode, it says Global in between as if it were the Mfg'r name.  the display is square with red backlighted LCDs and from all outward appearance is original equipment from 1990.

Thanks!
Dan & Dar
s/v Resolution, 1990 C34 997
We have enough youth: how about a fountain of "smart"?

Ron Hill

Indian : Not too sure about the "Global" instruments??  I had my Data Marine instruments worked on by the guys at DMI. 
As a shot in the dark, why don't you give them a call and see if they can help you.  They're in Pocasset MA (508)564-7491.  Hope this helps 
Ron, Apache #788

Indian Falls

UPDATE:

My speed/ depth sounder is a Danaplus corp.  Dananvigate made by a co. in Denmark.

According to info on the web they are kaput...  seems to me that many of the Canadian Catalina's seem to have a propensity to have this equipment.

Anybody have any paperwork such as operation... or setup... information?

I know it could be a futile effort for such an old piece of gear...  but I'm hopeful one of us out there has the info.

Would much appreciate any info.

Thanks!!
Dan & Dar
s/v Resolution, 1990 C34 997
We have enough youth: how about a fountain of "smart"?

Ralph Masters

The instruments on Ciao Bella are Data Marine, S-100KL knotmeter and S-200DL depth.  I do have those tech manuals if any body needs them.

Ralph and AnnMarie
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987