Raymarine C70 Intermittent Display

Previous topic - Next topic

Julian Elliott

Prior to embarking on a 2-month cruise to Desolation Sound in BC, I want to resolve an intermittent issue I have had with my RM C70 display.  Occasionally (4 times over the last year), I've experienced banding (usually horizontal, but once vertical) on startup, making the display unreadable. Employing the engineer's repair (rap on the back of the unit), the display returned to normal.

Before getting a repair guy resulting in an  umlimited repair bill, I thought I'd see if others have experienced this.  FYI, I have done the usual, including checking connections, power level, cleaning connections, etc. 

It's impossible to reach Raymarine, now that a hedge fund is involved in controlling costs....

Thanks,

Julian

Ron Volk

Julian,

I installed my C70 in April of 2008.  I have never had a problem except a little over a year ago I turned it on and had horizontal bandinng lines.  I turned it off and on about four times and finally it came on fine.  I was concerned at the time but
since it has never happened again I forgot about it.
Ron - GOOSE III - Hull 1235 - 1993
Tall Rig - Fin Keel
Dana Point, CA

Steve Sayian

is the Navionics map card seated correctly?  Try remove and replace before powering up again.

Steve Sayian
"Ocean Rose"
1999 Mk II
Wing, Std Rig, Kiwi Prop
#1448, Hingham, Mass

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Julian,
You need to check the software version and see if there's an newer version available. If you have the manual,  it will take you through the process. You can go on the Ray Marine website to check for updates and also how to do the upgrade if you don't have the book.

My system would reboot every 4 minutes like clock work and the upgrade corrected tho problem.

Mike
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Ron Volk

Juian,

Did you ever find out what the problem was with your C70?

Ron - GOOSE III - Hull 1235 - 1993
Tall Rig - Fin Keel
Dana Point, CA