Bittersweet Day

Previous topic - Next topic

tommyt

Today, one of the first good wind days in a week, I sat in the salon of Splash Dance and signed the listing papers for the boat. I have absolutely loved owning her, and might for some time to come unless the right buyer comes along. Time is my issue, and you would think in retirement it should not be. However, I seem to sail less and feel bad that the boat sits in her slip. Living on a inland lake with other water toys, and having a passion for golf as well, does not help the sailing time.

I am not leaving sailing as I will continue to sail on other peoples boats and charter a few weeks a year as well. I may even sail more!

If you know someone looking for a sweet boat, Splash Dance is a 2004, Hull #1679,  fresh water C34 MKII, is now listed with Bill @harborviewyachytsales.com. I can only hope that she ends up with people that will take good care of her.
Tom Mallery, C34 #1697, 2004 MKII, Splash Dance

Roger Blake

Tough decision...but apparently the right one for you now. Good luck. Hope your boat finds another who will see her as you do.
Last Call
1998 C34 MK II
Hull #1414

Tom Glennon

:cry4`  I experienced the same feeling last fall when "Slow Dance" was sold (Could it be something about a boat name with Dance in it??)
Seemed there was never enough time anymore, and all my former cruising companions got rid of their boats and bought Harleys!
Tom Glennon, Slow Dance #354, 1987, Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

When all of my non sailing friends who rode Harleys asked me "when are you going to buy a Harley", I always replied, "Harleys are only for people who don't know how to sail"

I'm still going through withdraw from selling our boat and miss her terribly.

Mike
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Craig Illman

I still miss Espresso after two years now. If I had known that housing and interest costs were still going to decline the past two years, I would have kept the boat and stayed in an apartment, instead of buying a condo.

No, I wasn't going to liveaboard during a dreary PNW fall/winter/spring. 

Craig

efhughes3

Quote from: Mike and Joanne Stimmler on July 19, 2012, 07:57:55 AM
When all of my non sailing friends who rode Harleys asked me "when are you going to buy a Harley", I always replied, "Harleys are only for people who don't know how to sail"

I'm still going through withdraw from selling our boat and miss her terribly.

Mike

Our chief engineer bought a really expensive ski boat, and said when he gets older, he's going to get a sailboat. I promptly replied, I was going to do the opposite. He was speechless, and said he'd not thought of it that way.

Good luck with the sale of the sails.
Ed Hughes
La Vie Dansante-1988 C34 Hull 578
SDYC

Les Luzar

There are three things that I don't like: warm beer, cold women, and powerboats!
Les Luzar
#355    1987
Windshadow
Long Beach, CA

Ralph Masters

Ditto number three..................

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

tommyt

Now, now, no poweboat bashing! Some powerboaters (and some sailors) yes, but the boat is not the problem. I have a couple of each and love them all for what they are used for. I like to think that I am a considerate sailor, and powerboater, and would not cause people problems.When the grand daughter wants to go tubing she does not want to do it on a sailboat. The good news is she also loves sailing with me. I will continue to sail even if I sell the C34, but I will never give up the power either.
Tom Mallery, C34 #1697, 2004 MKII, Splash Dance

Clay Greene

I took a look at the listing - that's a beautiful boat.  I did not see any mention of a storage cradle or a winter cover? 
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin