sherwood raw h2o pump

Previous topic - Next topic

dutchlion1@aol.com

Does anybodyknow the Kubota equivalent part number for the Sherwood raw water pump # 302648?
Need to ordera new pump, bent the shaft on the existing one after it got stuck for some unknown reason. Took the pump of, bend the shaft back, it works, but for safety sake want a spare.
Leo Missler,  Dutch Lion C34 1991.

Stu Jackson

Leo

Try this link:  

http://www.marinedieseldirect.com/universal/200157/

I don't have the Kubota #, I believe those #s are still state secrets.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

dutchlion

Thanks Stu.
 Have that website.Price is the same as local Westerbeke dealer $248.20. I am looking for that secret Kubota number to obtain the pump at vw instead of ferrari price!

jbstack28

B. Mueller, 1990, #1012
Registered User  posted April 22, 2002 03:08 PM    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fresh water cooling pump froze-up yesterday while out motoring on the Gulf, required to be towed in. There was absolutely no sign of wear and no symptoms (loss of cooling efficiency). I purchased a new Universal pump, part #300203 from the local Universal dealer at a cost of $219. Of interest to this group maybe the fact that the new pump came in a sealed bag with a Kubota label and part number. The kubota number is 15443-73030 and I am sure is a lot cheaper if bought from a Kubota dealer.

Charlie Stackpole
'DESPIDO'
1990  #1029

bjmansfield

I may be missing something here but why would Kubota have a raw water pump?  These are essentially tractor engines and I can see no reason a tractor would need a raw water pump ??

rbeecham

I don't think there is a Kubota equivalent.  The raw water pump is added by Universal when they marinize the Kubota engine.

Dick Beecham

Refuge
C34 - #1430
Rock Hall, MD
rbeecham@jersey.net

dutchlion

B.Mueller had a Kubota number for another raw water pump model.

karista

The Kubota part number that I provided in my post was for the "fresh water recirculation pump" which is located above the Sherwood "raw water" pump. They are not the same pumps.

B. Mueller

jbstack28

Sorry the mix up.  I was trying to help, but maybe take more time and read the post more clearly.

Charlie Stackpole
'DESPIDO'
1990  #1029

jentine

Look at www.sherwoodpumps.com. They list their distributors throughout the U.S.  Any one of them can assist you with the identification (part number) of the desired pump.  You can then order it from anyone of the discount houses or your local dealer.
Jim Kane

lazybones

While were on the subject, does anyone know the Kobota designation for the 25xp engine? I am almost sure I've seen this posted here before but a search turned up nothing.

Stu Jackson

Aldo

For your searches, check the spelling of Kubota.

I don't know if the M25XP has a different Kubota #, but it should.

I also copied this from another website:

Kubota vs M-25
Submitted by Ed van Kessel of Port Elgin, Ontario on 08/28/2002 at 12:05PM regarding
Catalina 30.
I am reading a lot about Kubota tractor parts working on a M-25 engine.
Is there an equivalent Kubota engine number for the M-25?
Ed  #4900

Submitted by John Visser of Westport, MA on 08/28 at 01:48PM regarding Catalina 30
Kubota D850.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."