Susan Ray's SECOND C34!!!

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

YEEEESSSSSS
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

scotty

Scotty

patrice

Nice to hear that crew and boat had a nice and safe trip to the new home port.
Now, it will be for you to enjoy sailing...
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Kyle Ewing

Susan--Great that your boat arrived!  I'd like to hear about the trip including days under sail, motoring, average speed, weather/waves, etc.  I joke with friends that I'd like to take Donnybrook on a Transpac (not realistic but fun to talk about).  I'd like to share with them Tranquility's journey.
Kyle Ewing
Donnybrook #1010
Belmont Harbor, Chicago
http://www.saildonnybrook.com/

Les Luzar

I would also like to understand the any details of the trip, such as how much time motoring, wind and wave conditions, average speed, how the boat handled the journey, power management, and what items failed other than the auto-pilot.... any information would be appreciated....
Les Luzar
#355    1987
Windshadow
Long Beach, CA

Ron Hill

Welcome Back !! 

Now I can once againg address Guys, Susan and D. Gill !!
Ron, Apache #788

Susan Ray

Aloha,
I didn't get much info from the crew before they both left...one for Idaho and one for Maine..
The jib furling line came apart several places as it was the wrong stuff...no spare line that size(lots of larger) so they just went forward and move by hand? when using the furling. All else went okay...
I am not sure why it took 24 days.. I will ask when they return. I just appreciate their getting her here in good order.
There are so, so many new systems aboard I am busy deciding which to remove..I don't need an inverter to stay offshore for a month...or 8 batteries to support it...that will go first.

She is happy and "Tranquil" here...So am I.
Again Mahalo to all and I will report more on the crossing when I can.
Susan
Aloha, Susan on "Stray" in the Ala Wai Harbor, Honolulu Hawaii

Michael Shaner

Congrats and welcome back Susan!   :D:thumb: :clap
Michael & Alison Shaner