Susan Ray's SECOND C34!!!

Previous topic - Next topic

noworries

Sorry, but those other seats don't really compare to these
1991 Catalina 34 Mark 1.5 w/ M35

Ron Volk

Noworries,

They do look nice, they were done right there in the slip, I believe that the same company also did the handrail replacements (which are also great looking). They then had a yacht maintenance co. build the seat platforms from starboard and then had the cushions made.  I talked to the person who did it & got his card but I did not get a price, unfortunately I threw his card away because I decided to buy the ones that mount on the inside.  I can try & get the name and number of the person for you if you are interested, I believe they are in the LA area.
I like my seats, the boat came with nice 3" cushions for each of the aft two lockers which were now unusable because the support posts sit on the lockers, so I added snaps to the starboard seats and use them there.  I also have a 40" wheel so I can sit either to windward or leeward on the seats and steer the boat (it's nice to be sitting up a little higher).
Ron - GOOSE III - Hull 1235 - 1993
Tall Rig - Fin Keel
Dana Point, CA

Stu Jackson

Quote from: noworries on June 13, 2012, 08:02:55 PM
Sorry, but those other seats don't really compare to these

Of course they don't, IIRC that link discussed the differences in cost and whether it was worth it to any individual skipper.  Your wallet, your choice.  Just pointing out the options.  :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Susan Ray

Hey Stu...So those are the stern seats on your boat? Guess I got the best around..
"Tranquility" is scheduled to leave Dana Point by July 1st and should arrive within 14-20 days...depending on weather of course.
It should be a fun sail for my two (excellent and seasoned) friends who are sailing her home to Hawaii. This should be a piece of cake compared to some of their adventures.....The skipper has sailed a 34' sloop from Honolulu to Seattle ...without any aux power...just sail...just for fun?
(Impressed me)
As this no longer concerns a compression post (and I know the rules)...if anyone wants to hear what's happening with the delivery ...just ask..The crew will be bringing a Sat phone (on instructions from his wife) so I may know...I will  be vacationing in South Dakota but will try to keep in touch...
Aloha and mahalo, Susan
Aloha, Susan on "Stray" in the Ala Wai Harbor, Honolulu Hawaii

TonyP

Hey Susan
They should be close to a friend who bought a C38 and sailing back to Brisbane Australia leaving around the same time from around LA.
Enjoy your purchase.
Tony
Tony Plunkett
C34 Moonshadow
1992  Hull#1174
Pittwater / Newport
NSW Australia

Stu Jackson

I took the liberty (in spite of "no worries") to change the subject of this thread to its real purpose.

Congratulations, Susan.  Look forward to your new boat number to change the database in the C34 IA Membership.

The stern seats on my boat are shown here:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,6816.0.html

Nope, they're not the pushed out variety.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

noworries

I just saw this boat go by the wind and sea and took a picture of it as it went by.   I'll post it later.  For the record it took me longer to find this thread since you renamed it

noworries

Here she is... I have to admit I was jealous of those stern seats as she went by.  Is that your delivery crew doing a shake down?

Ron Volk

Susan,

Best of luck to your delivery crew on the trip.  At least they won't be alone out there, the San Francisco SSS's Singlehanded Race from SF to Kauai starts on Saturday the 30th and they have 22-24 boats in the race.
Tall Rig - Fin Keel
Dana Point, CA

Les Luzar

That is one nice looking C-34....I love those stern seats too! Is she still in Long Beach? Looks like Alamitos Bay!
Les Luzar
#355    1987
Windshadow
Long Beach, CA

Ron Volk

Les,

That is Dana Point Marina.
Tall Rig - Fin Keel
Dana Point, CA

Les Luzar

Ah, ok. I have only visited Dana Point Harbor once.
Thanks
Les Luzar
#355    1987
Windshadow
Long Beach, CA

Susan Ray

Aloha All,
Thanks for the picture of Tranquility going by! I am in S. Dakota and was without internet as my phone doesn't work here. (That was the sea-trial as only two crew took her). As I have no phone they will email me to my sisters when they arrive. I am sure all is going well and they have caught plenty fish! I think they will be suprised if the racers go by as they don't follow racing.
I will let you all know when she arrives...I won't be back there until the end of July.....she should be sitting happily in her slip by then.
Again...Mahalo, Susan

Ron Volk

Susan,

They left as planned, Sunday July 1st at about 8:20 AM.  Talked to them on Saturday, they were very pleasant and low key and had plenty of time to talk even though they were still working to get ready to go the next morning.  I took a picture of them and also of the boat loaded down with ten 5 gallon fuel jugs strapped to the stanchions on each side of the boat. Also a picture of them leaving the slip in the morning.  I will post them later.

If anybody is interested I have been following the Singlehanded racers from SF to Hawaii.  They have a Website www.//singlehandedtranspac.com/race-viewer/, it's pretty neat, all the boats show up on it, their track and location, you can click on each boat and it shows the skipper their boat speed, lat. & long. and distance to the finish.  If you zoom out all the way showing the Pacific Coast to Hawaii it shows all the wind patterns in the Pacific and clicking on any of the arrows it shows the wind speed. It's  been very calm out there but does show some pressure about six hundred miles south of them.
Tall Rig - Fin Keel
Dana Point, CA

Susan Ray

Aloha,
Tranquility arrived Monday evening in Ala Wai Harbor...both Davids safe and with very strong arms as the autohelm quit about halfway home. I will hear more when I arrve Sunday.
Mahalo to all the helpful and interested C34 people, Susan