Susan Ray's SECOND C34!!!

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty

Susan,  There is a beautiful 34 MKII for sale in the Santa Cruz area.  The name of the boat is "Thirteen".  It's listed in Craigs List and Latitude 38.  Good Luck,

Scotty
Scotty

Susan Ray

Thanks Scotty but she is out of my price range...lovely tho...
I should know about the compression post on the 96 on Tuesday.
Aloha, Susan on "Stray" in the Ala Wai Harbor, Honolulu Hawaii

Susan Ray

Aloha...The compression post damage on the 96 was looked at by a surveyor and the only possible reason was the (tall rig) mast had been extremely raked and the forestay was way too tight... pulling the mast back and unfortunately down. No other reason was found. I will not be buying that vessel so I am still looking.
Thank you all for the responses.

Susan Ray

I found my boat. :clap..hopefully will  be mine after survey and sea trial...she is lovely! Go here  http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/boatMergedDetails.jsp?boat_id=2477015&ybw=&units=Feet&currency=USD&access=Public&listing_id=76996&url= to see her.(not sure if I got that link right but she is in Yachtworld, West coast at Dana Point). I may not see her before she leaves for Hawaii.(long story) I have a couple of friends who are going to deliver her for me..Only thing she seems to need is a new mainsail..it's the original but the survey will tel lmore.
Check her out! Thanks for all your opinions..Mahalo, Susan

Stu Jackson

Susan,

Looks wonderful.  I would carefully consider your offer contingent on the inclusion of the ukelele. :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Susan Ray

Thanks Stu..I will include the Uke and maybe the wine? Aloha

scotty

Wow!!!  Picture 31 says it all (Best of Show, Bristol Shape Sailboat).  I can see why you're jumping on this one.  I would wxpect the survey to go well, and it certainly has great gear.  Taking her to Hawaii?  Ohhhhhhhh. :clap
Scotty

Ron Volk

Susan,

Tranquility is berthed right across from me.  They have done a great job of upgrading it. The cabin top wood handrails were replaced with custom stainless ones, just had the stern rail modified not to long ago to add the seats, has stainless handrails on each side of the stern boarding ladder (something I did also after seeing them).  Externally, the boat is in very good condition so I imagine he maintained the rest of it accordingly. I didn't even realize it was for sale.
Best of luck.
Ron - GOOSE III - Hull 1235 - 1993
Tall Rig - Fin Keel
Dana Point, CA

Stu Jackson

Susan, if this goes as well as you expect it to, you will be among a (now large and growing) handful of C34 skippers who have their SECOND C34!!!  Sweet...
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Susan Ray

Thanks Ron...I knew she had some quality work done. I offered on her the second day she was on the market.
Yes, I am taking her home to Hawaii. the Ala Wai harbor. My move to Northern CA didn't work out as planned...but it was an experience! Change is good they say.....thanks for your good luck wishes..

lazybone

Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Susan Ray

Thanks Lazybone but I have decided against that vessel...
Stu, not only will I be a 2 time owner of C34's but I owned two C30's also..a 78 and an 84...good boats also...but so much smaller inside for just 4 feet!.

noworries

That's a sweet boat... looks like it was well maintained... can't image your survey finding anything wrong with it.

Would love to know what you ended up paying for it (via PM is ok), since we have a 91 that we are slowly trying to get in similar condition and are nearby... just curious what the market rate is going.

I'd also like to know how much those stern seats cost to put on... those are sweet!

Congrats--with all the new stuff on that boat you should have a VERY sweet C34!
1991 Catalina 34 Mark 1.5 w/ M35

Kevin Henderson

What a beautiful looking 34  :thumb: :thumb:  Congratulations!

Having lived on the island of island of Oahu (Aiea), while active duty, and doing 30 days of Temporary Lodging at the Hale Koa... it goes without saying that I am envious of Susan to have an opportunity to not only live in Hawaii... and not only to have a Catalina 34 but to have TWO Catalina 34's :->
When we fly back to Hawaii as we occasionally do, to get our Aloha back, I will be looking towards Ali Wai marina... in search of Tranquility.

I don't know if you ever intend to rename.... but if you do....

Malie - Hawaiian for calm, serene, tranquility

Again... my sincere Ho'omaika'i 'ana

Aloha    :abd:
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

Stu Jackson

Quote from: noworries on June 12, 2012, 08:06:56 AM

I'd also like to know how much those stern seats cost to put on... those are sweet!

Susan KNOWS what to do with a C34!   :D

Stern seats:  try this:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,6816.0.html  Same question.