Bottom paint problem

Previous topic - Next topic

paule

Just had my bottom painted by marina here is the problem;

I had Micron extra on the bottom and the yard was supposed to paint it with the same paint however I found out they painted it with Trinadad instead.
Never had any problems the boat was in the water for just over two years.

My question is will I have a problem with the paint I was always told a hard paint cannot be applied over a soft paint is this true?

Also should I have them repaint with what I asked them to paint it with in the first place?

Paul
Yachta Yachta Yachta
2003 #1634
Paul & Lynn Erb
Yachta Yachta Yachta
C34 2003 #1634
Rotonda West, FL 33947

MarkT

It can't be the first time something like this has happened. If it was me I'd contact Pettit and see what they have to say about it. They will no doubt have a technical rep who can tell you what should be done and how to approach this. Maybe also talk with someone like Jamestown Distributors and get an opinion. The real question is what is the best remedy. Then get the yard to do what is needed.

Mark Tamblyn

paule

Thanks for the response. I did get in touch with my diver who cleans the bottom. He responded with it is not recommended that hard should not go over soft. Would like some more input from others. I was going to contact both Interlux and Petit on Monday also.
Paul
Paul & Lynn Erb
Yachta Yachta Yachta
C34 2003 #1634
Rotonda West, FL 33947

efhughes3

I think Mark's advice is the best you can get here: go to the Paint mfgr for their input.
Ed Hughes
La Vie Dansante-1988 C34 Hull 578
SDYC