Water in core above the main salon

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Mike McDonald on May 11, 2012, 11:45:44 AM
Do you know for sure if the 9" bolts fit in both positions?  There is one long bolt on each side. 

On my boat I installed one long bolt, as there was already a short bolt that went into the threaded backing plate under the fiberglass riser.  I recall that the wiki article mentioned being careful where those holes are drilled due to clearance near the head door, but it sounds like you have the bolts there already but just need to get the track off.

I'm sure there are skippers here who are better versed in being able to help you with removing the parts you are dealing with.  I have simply been incredibly or dumb-lucky over the years with having to remove stuff.

Good luck.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Gary Brockman

Mike -

I had the same problem when I installed a new traveller three years ago. I drilled out the heads of the two bolts that would not come out with an impact driver and lifted off the traveller. After using PB Blaster for a day the two bolts came out with vise grips.

If you can't find replacement bolts easily, you can get them from Garhauer.
Squall
1986 Hull #231
Tall Rig/Fin Keel - Elliptical Rudder
M25XPB - Flexofold 2 Blade 15x10
Marina del Rey, California

Mike McDonald

Mel Low, I sent you an email, but in case you didn't see it, I am interested in the extra 9" bolts for the the traveler if you still have them.  Please let me know.  If anyone else knows a source for them please post it for me.  I am scheduled to launch the boat this Thursday and hope to finish the job before the boat goes in the water if possible. Thanks.
Mike.....
Mike McDonald
1987 / #0396  / M25xp
"Irish Diplomacy"
Pultneyville Yacht Club
Lake Ontario