Macerator question

Previous topic - Next topic

prh77

My Jabsco is on the way out. Looks tight in there....does one have to pull the holding tank or is there enough wiggle room. I know you have to do some cuts to get the tank out...wondering if it would be easier to pull tank and do everything in the fall, ie change all hoses etc? Thoughts?
Peyton Harrison Hull # 597 1988 "Trinity"

Ted Pounds

No need to pull the tank.  It is a little tight, but not too difficult.  :thumb:
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Stu Jackson

From what I've read here and on Peggie's on co.com, the Jabsco is more prone to short life.  Hope you're considering a Shurflo for a replacement.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Peggie Hall

You're at least a whole day's sail from any waters in which it would be legal to dump a tank, so I'd remove it, along with the y-valve or tee fitting and any hose to and from it..'cuz lack of use for an extended period is FAR more destructive to equipment than heavy continuous use.  If/when you're ever able to cruise--really CRUISE, not just spend a weekend--outside LIS, it's a simple matter to install a new one and the necessary plumbing.
Peggie Hall
Specializing in marine sanitation since 1987
Author "The NEW Get Rid of Boat Odors - A Guide To Marine Sanitation Systems and Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.amazon.com/New-Get-Rid-Boat-Odors/dp/1892399784/

noworries

Don't wait too long to pull that POS jabsco... the worst is when the screws that hold it together fail and the damn thing comes apart spilling black water in your bilge.
1991 Catalina 34 Mark 1.5 w/ M35