Seach function on our site

Previous topic - Next topic

prh77

When I do a search on our site using the search icon along the top, for the last few months I get a message from Google that my machine is sending automated messages and no search is possible. It happens with my old laptop and desktop. Just got a new laptop, first thing I checked was search funtion. Same deal. Machine is too new to be infected, problem with our site? I miss the search function, very helpful.
Peyton Harrison Hull # 597 1988 "Trinity"

Brad Young

This happens to me also, however only if I am not logged in.

Once I log in the search works fine.

Brad Young
Boat
Year 1986
Model C34
Hull# 84

prh77

Happens when I am logged on, just checked...from yet another brand new friends computer. Hmmm

Les Luzar

I just tried a search and it worked fine. :thumb:
Les Luzar
#355    1987
Windshadow
Long Beach, CA

Ron Volk

Just checked two items; 'battery chargers' & 'dinghy', & the search site worked just fine.
Ron - GOOSE III - Hull 1235 - 1993
Tall Rig - Fin Keel
Dana Point, CA

Kevin Henderson

I just utilized the search icon and had no issues. 
Don't exactly know what to tell you but as I did a search at Google I came across a couple of fixes.

Malware comes in all shapes and sizes and can quickly end up on a new machine.

Hope this provides some help. :abd: 

http://support.google.com/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=86640
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

scotty

I did a search on "batteries" and not only did it work, but I got lost in internet land for quite a while.
Scotty

efhughes3

I think this is referred to as a spambot.
Ed Hughes
La Vie Dansante-1988 C34 Hull 578
SDYC

prh77

Thanks all for the quick replies. Guess I have computer issues

awesome34

Quote from: prh77 on March 15, 2012, 12:53:02 PM
When I do a search on our site using the search icon along the top, for the last few months I get a message from Google that my machine is sending automated messages and no search is possible. It happens with my old laptop and desktop. Just got a new laptop, first thing I checked was search funtion. Same deal. Machine is too new to be infected, problem with our site? I miss the search function, very helpful.

I have the same issue. I can search the forum OK, using it's search feature, but the google search gives me the same error.  I bet a lot of people have this issue, but usually use the forum search once they are logged in instead of the google search.  I have never been able to use the google search located here: http://www.c34.org/c34-search.html 

-Eric

-Eric

prh77

OK....I am not crazy. I just tryed the forum search and it worked fine. The search I am talking about is the same one Eric provided a link to in the previous post. It is on the home page ,top, to the leftt. Thanks Eric, never noticed the forum search.

Les Luzar

I never used the google search. I just tried as you mentioned, and it too did not work. I came up with an error message. :shock:
Les Luzar
#355    1987
Windshadow
Long Beach, CA