I have a set of the Black Plastic Sliders from 1988 MKI available

Previous topic - Next topic

foobie

Finally got around to replacing the sliders with Teak Plywood. I have all four of the old ones available for $25 plus the cost of shipping. They are in good shape with the stock (I believe) silver colored handles.

Steve Eckfield

Bob K

Hi Steve,
I am interested if you still have them.  I tried to PM  you but not sure it went through.
Bob K
Prosit
1992 #1186
Northern Chesapeake Bay

Ron Hill

Bob : A number of us have used contact cement and glued over the top of our "plastic sliders" with ash battening (like is on the hull walls).  You could even use teak vainer.  

It lightens up the inside immensely !!!!!!  A thought  
Ron, Apache #788

efhughes3

Quote from: Ron Hill on March 07, 2012, 05:11:54 PM
Bob : A number of us have used contact cement and glued over the top of our "plastic sliders" with ash battening (like is on the hull walls).  You could even use teak vainer.   

It lightens up the inside immensel !!!!!!  A thought 

Best idea I've heard all day! Thanks,
Ed Hughes
La Vie Dansante-1988 C34 Hull 578
SDYC

Bob K

Ron,
I don't mind the look of the black sliders.  Had a corner crack off one a couple years ago, and have not gotten around to fixing, so this is the perfect deal for me!! 
Bob K
Prosit
1992 #1186
Northern Chesapeake Bay

Ken Juul

I had one break also.  Rather than search for a source of black plastic I just used clear that is available at Ace or Lowes.  Spray painted the back side black.  Only it a very bright direct light can you see any difference.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

awesome34

I just cracked one of one mine.  So I would be interested also.   

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

awesome34

Quote from: Stu Jackson on March 10, 2012, 06:47:53 PM
Quote from: awesome34 on March 10, 2012, 06:32:05 PM
I just cracked one of one mine. 

What took ya so long?   :D :D :D

I am pretty talented.   :wink:  I haven't even owned the boat a year yet. 

Ron Hill

Guys : The side cabnet sliders have a built in "crack" design.

When you open the outside slider too hard, the end hits the handle of the inside one -- cracking it!!  If you put some reinforcing around the slider handles or use polycarbonate (lexan rather than acrylic) that won't happen !!  If you cover the sliders with teal vainer or something it reinforces the sliders, they won't crack!

I like the ash battoning strips as it give a lighter/brighter appearance of being larger down below.  A thought

Ron, Apache #788

BillG

Couple of ways to fix cracked handles, here' another
Bill
Rock Hall, MD

foobie

Steve Eckfield