Ordered new instruments, including TackTick wireless...

Previous topic - Next topic

efhughes3

Well, I'm going to ditch the old Kenyon instruments I have, depthsounder was dead and now my Chartplotter died too....so I ordered today:

Standard Horizon CP190i chart plotter
TackTick T103 Speed/Depth system with single "triducer"
NavPod GP104 "4 instrument" pod

We've got a huge NavPod housing on the pedestal guard now, 15"w x 13" tall, so removing it will open up a whole lot more visibility at the helm!

I'm going to mount the plotter in place of 2 instruments, and put the TackTick display on the opposite end. This allows me a slot for the TackTick wind unit, if I get motivated to buy one of those down the road.

Ed Hughes
La Vie Dansante-1988 C34 Hull 578
SDYC

Ralph Masters

Ed,
I put in a Garmin GW10 wind vane and hooked it to my NEMA2000 system and it displays on my garmin GPS, so I don't have multiple instruments on the binicale.  With athe Garmin 740 GPS I put a "compass rose" on the chart and it displays wind so even when I'm on the nav chart I still have wid display showing.  Spent most of Saturday sailing around south bay "learning" what the wind vane is telling us.  So far the admiral likes it.  That's what counts, if the admiral is happy, the crew is happy.

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

efhughes3

So many choices, that's for sure!

You setup sounds pretty interesting.
Ed Hughes
SDYC

Gary Brockman

I finished replacing my original Signets with a Tacktick T108 system (depth, speed, wind, triducer) along with the T122 wireless interface and T109 compass today. The system seem to work great but I still need need to go out and calibrate the speedo tomorrow for true wind and vmg to work correctly.

I integrated my garmin gps and radio AIS into the system and then to my wheelpilot and my mac.  I used a wiring diagram from a J-30 (http://j30.us/files/Rhapsody/Rhapsody_Schematics.pdf) as a guide for my system. We will test out the entire system this coming weekend in a race from Newport Beach to San Diego.

Gary
Squall
1986 Hull #231
Tall Rig/Fin Keel - Elliptical Rudder
M25XPB - Flexofold 2 Blade 15x10
Marina del Rey, California

Ralph Masters

The AIS will be my next add on, still debating on "Send/Recieve" or just "Recieve" on the AIS.

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

efhughes3

Quote from: SD Diver on March 06, 2012, 08:09:26 AM
The AIS will be my next add on, still debating on "Send/Recieve" or just "Recieve" on the AIS.

Ralph

LOL, I'll start with knowing how fast I'm going, how deep it is and where the heck I am, before I worry about where anyone else is!
Ed Hughes
SDYC