offshore and Hostess

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewartn

Question: In light of the Hostess bankruptcy, what will replace the TWINKIES in the abandon ship bag?
Stewart Napoleon, Hull #1472, Desiree
Greenwich, CT

Ralph Masters

I'm going with 3 Muskateers.   :rolling
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Kevin Henderson

Why replace??  If you haven't eaten them they should be good for another 3000 years!  :shock: :abd:
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

Terry Forshier

Fear not. the twinkie line will still be active as this will be the "reorganizing" style bankrupcy.

Peggie Hall

Don't count on it. This is Hostess SECOND Ch II.  They've lost money 30 of the last 37 quarters...their liabilities way exceed their assets, they haven't made any contributions to the unions pension funds since June and the unions aren't budging...saying they've already made all the concessions they're going to. 

So I'd stock up on Twinkies and Ding Dongs while you still can.
Peggie Hall
Specializing in marine sanitation since 1987
Author "The NEW Get Rid of Boat Odors - A Guide To Marine Sanitation Systems and Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.amazon.com/New-Get-Rid-Boat-Odors/dp/1892399784/

Jim Hardesty

Perhaps knockoffs will be make in China.
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Ralph Masters

If it's from china, I am not buying it.
If twinkies made those things where they did not last a life time, you'd have to eat the old ones and replace them every once in a while, kind of like flares and fire extinguishers need to be replaced, or joker valves.

Ralph
Ciao Bella
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987