Heater Project - Propane Line

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Johnson

I've added a Dickenson P9000 heater to the port side salon bulkhead and I added the new propane tank to the stern rail (with a new solenoid valve and regulator.  Now it's finally time that I ran the new propane line.  Has anyone mounted a heater in a similar location and/or run a new fuel line to a heater?  Kent at Catalina made a suggestion of "running the line aft along the port side behind the head and below the fuel tank", but I thought I would see if anyone had any experience in this area?

Thanks,

Rick
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

waterdog

I have run 4 inch ducting to the cabinet behind the bulkhead your heater is mounted on.

You may want to explore going through the bulkhead into the cabinet above the top drawer, outboard & back through the bulkead and through the top of the cavity behind your seat cushions, under the nav desk, through the hanging locker, behind the head cabinetry (pull the toilet paper cabinet for easy access), and on past the fuel tank.  There is a hidden superhighway back there.   Get some nice grommets for chafe. 

No propane joints should be inside the boat. So if you run the stove and heater from one tank, the T should be outside or in a vented locker.
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat