New Boat

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Wey

Hello all. I am almost the proud owner of a new 1990 C-34. Subject to survey. I have graduated fron a C-30 and I have been a follower of this sight for a while. I have an idea what to check for. However as I have not had long to inspect the boat is there any thing from this vintage that you can give me a heads up on. One thing I did notice. Is the rust on the painted mast in spots. It is just in a few places but none the less still there. It has not broken through the paint yet but scratching with a knife confirms it.

Thanks,

Mark
Mark Wey
2004 C-36

Stu Jackson

Mark

Hope you closed the deal.  To give you an idea of what a great first year could be for you, check out Steve Lyle's "weBLOG" post.

Best regards, and keep us posted,

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

John Gardner

I've just acquired a 1988 boat.  An error that I made, and it's not special to C34, concerned the power system.  My wife was very pleased that it has a fridge.  However, the electric system is original basic, and really doesn't have the power to support it, especially as I keep the boat on a mooring.  I hadn't appreciated just how much power a fridge uses, but I do now!  Need new generator, regulator, batteries, ....
But we just spent our first weekend out, including beating down the short chop of the Chesapeake in 25 kt of wind, and the boat really looked after us surprisingly well.  Fortunately it was the next day in no wind when the roller furler seized...  In due course a little bit of WD40 fixed it, but I will need to put a guide on the halyard to help it in future
John Gardner, "Seventh Heaven" 1988 #695, Severn River, Chesapeake Bay.

Mark Wey

It is now official. Paid for it yesterday. More questions will follow, I am sure.

Mark
Mark Wey
2004 C-36