LED Indirect lighting

Previous topic - Next topic

chuck53

Quote from: Lance Jones on March 22, 2011, 01:53:31 PM
BTW, I selected Warm white for the upper port light indirect and the cabinet indirect. The over the fridge was plain white. None have a blue tinge that I can see.

The cool white is very blue.  Even the natural white, which is what I got is too blue for my tastes.  I'm sure I would have been happy with the warm white.  Maybe I'll reorder this summer.

Roland Gendreau

Lance and others, what kind of switch did you use for the string lights?    I've been looking for some surface mounted switches but came up short. 

I installed a 39 inch string of LED's from SuperbrightLEDs on each side of the salon and they provide excellent lighting. But I would like to be able to switch them on/off independantly.

Thanks

Roland Gendreau
1992 MK 1.5
Gratitude #1183
Bristol, RI

Stu Jackson

When I added overhead lighting to our saloon and galley way back in 1998, I bought two toggle switches and mounted them in the vertical teak riser just forward of the galley with a small plastic cover plate I bought at Tap Plastics.  I tapped into the positive lighting wiring "loop" and used a terminal strip to connect the wiring mounted in the upper galley shelf behind the sliding doors.  I think it's in the Tech wiki.  I'll go find it and post a link here later.

I couldn't find it in the wiki, but here's a link to the old Projects page, scroll down to the lighting part, pictures show what I did.

http://www.c34.org/projects/projects-aquavite.html
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Roland : You can always install a rotating (thumb) switch inline.  A thought
Ron, Apache #788