Autohelm 3000 complete for sale

Previous topic - Next topic

markr

I just pulled a working autohelm 3000 off my 1987 MKI. If anyone is interested please let me know. All parts included. mark.richards@email.com.
Mark
All who wander are not lost.

Jerry Bates

Mark, what are you asking for it. I have one in good working order but would like a spare for parts.

markr

How about $300 for the whole kit?

I pulled the whole system off the boat to make way for a below decks system. I should be clear - the autopilot works and I was using it before I uninstalled it. I made one modification: the drive wheel attachement to the helm seemed to have worn smooth so that there was a bit of slippage sometimes as the drive belt slipped on the wheel. I used a spare belt, cut it and turned it inside out and glued it to the autohelm wheel. This worked very well for me because it meant that the grooves on the drive belt were gripping in new the grooves on the drive wheel, so no slippage and the system tracked a lot better.

Just to be claar that I have done this, other than that the system is as it was when I bought the boat and recently uninstalled it.

Mark
All who wander are not lost.

TonyP

Is this still for sale and would you, and if so, how much, to post to Australia ?
cheers
Tony
SV Moonshadow #1174
Tony Plunkett
C34 Moonshadow
1992  Hull#1174
Pittwater / Newport
NSW Australia