stuck table

Previous topic - Next topic

ghartmann

I purchased my catalina new in 2001. The dining table won't go down. Help!

Stu Jackson

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,2618.0.html  from a search on "table down" and there are others with that search; try "saloon table" or "salon table" also.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

sail4dale

yeah ..  I have had that problem too.   I don't drop it often enough to keep it "limber".
The last time i loosened the set screw and sat on it while wiggling my butt.  I finally gave in to my 250 pounds and sank.
I then exercised it and I think it will be OK for a while.  I don't want to lube it as I have heard that is not a proper solution.
Cat34 Mk II True Luff #1582  2001
San Pedro, CA (Port of Los Angeles)

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Meerkata

I have a 2003 C34 MK II Number 1649
I quirk which works to drop my table is to turn it 90 degrees clockwise. It slides up or down easily. Turn it back to normal position to re-lock.
Jim-of-Meerkat

Stewartn

Any one know if the table top will lift off easily to provide better access to the Batts & Hot Water system plumbing? I can turn my table and put it down and up, but It doesn't seem to come off. I'm nit going to remove the mount. Thx.
Stewart Napoleon, Hull #1472, Desiree
Greenwich, CT

tonywright

It does not come apart without removing screws from either the base or the top. I find it is best to remove screws from the base. This is pretty easy and quick. Gets the whole thing out of the way for lifting batteries out and back in etc.

Tony
Tony Wright
#1657 2003 34 MKII  "Vagabond"
Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa, Canada