Universal Fresh Water Pump

Previous topic - Next topic

SailingJerry

I threw a bearing in my water pump last week on my 1990 Catalina 34. I have tried everywhere on the internet I can find to get a new one without any luck. Apparently, the factory in Japan has been shut down after the earthquake. Any ideas?
Jerry
There is NOTHING--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.    Kenneth Grahame

Ron Hill

Jerry : I assume that you are talking about the internal water pump.

Look at out web site and get the Kubota water pump part number for a D950 engine and start calling Kubota dealers.  

If you still can't find one let me know as my old engine (M25XP) has a good water pump and the guy that has the engine will probably sell it to you.  Just let me know
Ron, Apache #788

Paulus

I keep a spare one.  I bought it from a Kubota dealer.  The #15534-73030
EW-805
2Q 408
Made in Japan
I bought it 5 years ago, cost was $92.00.  At the time the bearing went out and I bought 2 at that time. 
Cool Change 1989 #944

Michael Shaner

Jerry, visit tractorsmart.com for your Kubota needs. Historically good prices and good service....
Michael & Alison Shaner

SailingJerry

Thanks !!! Only had my Catalina for 3 months but this website has saved me lots of time and money so far.
BTW, the original pump was listed at over $400 on the Hansen Marine website. Glad it was out of stock.
There is NOTHING--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.    Kenneth Grahame

Michael Shaner

Michael & Alison Shaner

Ralph Masters

Jerry,
We have had our boat just over a year, and the site has saved more then I could ever list in time and money. 

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Roc

Curious to know if anyone has the Kubota equivalent fresh water pump for the M35B engine?  I've wanted to keep a spare on board.
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Ron Hill

Roc : Go to a Kubota dealer and look at internal water pumps for their 4 cylinder diesels.

Take a picture of yours to compare and I'll bet you find it!!  A THOUGHT
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Ron got me to thinkin':  why not take it out and take it with you?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Stu is correct, remove the water pump.  Easy to do just remove the 6/8 or so bolts.  A new gasket only costs about $2.  I always coated my gaskets with Hi Temp caulk (as a just in case) when reinstalling.
Easy to do if you can't find it on the stores parts computer. 

I always removed my belt during winter layup and spun that top pulley by hand.  If you hear a squeak or feel a rough spot - change it out as it's getting ready to go!!   A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788