Transmission Cable Length C34 Mark II

Previous topic - Next topic

GSH

Hello everyone,

Our 1998 C34 Mk II clutch cable is really stiff and shifting is a problem. Already bent the lever attachment screw.
We did some trouble-shooting and it would appear that the cable itself needs replacing.
We've read the detailed description of replacement on a C34 Mk I that appears when searching the forum but there's no subsequent posts or info about cable length for Mk II.
We called Catalina and Edson; they don't know either.
Anyone out there know correct length? 11ft? or longer?
The longer the cable, the more kinks and twists can occur so we wanted to be sure to order the correct size before installing.

Thanks to all,

Scott Herron
Soul Mate
San Fransciso, CA

Stu Jackson

Scott, you might want to get in touch with Ray Irvine, Fleet 1 Captain, he's in SBH, too.  There are a LOT of C34s in your marina, and Ray knows most of them.  He'll most likely be able to get you in touch with someone who does know.  You can pm him from this board, go to General Activities, Fleet 1, if you can't find one of his posts on this Main Message Board.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ralph Masters

Not sure about how long but if you have excess, like Ciao Bell, it's best to lay it up in a long radius curve or loop.  Mine has about a 16 inch  loop laying on the deck in the bliges aft of the stern tube, before the steering post.

Ralph
Ciao Bella
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

GSH

Thanks Stu and Ralph

I'll stop by Crews Nest two boats down when I see Ray around.

GSH