Engine Electrical Panel

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Hill

Rick : Years ago I spoke with Bristol Marine the makers of the engine instrument panels for the 1986 thru 1989, when they folded that contract went to Seaward.

What I was told by Dave Gardner (he worked for both) that the second light was for the starter engage.  Apparently Catalina must have had a batch of starters that wouldn't disengage!

I'll guess that your poor connection/s that cause slow starter turn over are -- the main #4 black ground wire connected to the post side engine bell housing -- the red positive #4 wire connected to the starter solenoid -- the #4 red and black battery cable connections. 
I'd recommend that you clean, re-crimp and solder those connections for the best electrical contact! 
Ron, Apache #788

RV61

Ron,
thanks for the info on the lights and recomendations. Already fixed the slow sart issue cleaned all the cables last weekend you mentioned and problem gone. If comes back will recrimp and resolder.

Now just looking at the engine control lights and buzzers as the are not functioning and never have since I have owned the boat and want to finally fix as part of my electrical education. Do you know if the indicator lights on the control panel are readily available as would like to do this weekend? May rewire the second light for low oil indicator as not to concerened at this point with starter not disengaging. 

Thanks again for the info.
Rick V
Interlude
1986 Hull #237
Lake Erie