picture sizing

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Volk

I still have some (no, lots of) confusion regarding attaching pictures to a message.  I have 4 pictures I would like to post, but I don't know how to resize them any smaller than I have.  The pictures I have were of my dorades & the new traveller setup.  On checking the size of the pictures I have in my files the sizes of each picture ran from 2.47mb to 2.52mb and 2592x1944mp.  Using my existing software (Windows 7) I downsized each of these pictures to the smallest size I could which they then became 640X480mp and ranged in size from 192mb to 215mb still to large for posting. Could someone please help me out.

Thanks
Ron - GOOSE III - Hull 1235 - 1993
Tall Rig - Fin Keel
Dana Point, CA

Indian Falls

I hope you still have "Paint" in Win 7... I use MS paint.  Just use "open with" when you left click on your jpg. pick MS paint.   in the menu select "Image", then select stretch/skew , 50% should knock a 1mb file to .5mb or 500kb.   save file as a jpg not a bmp.  check properties to see if the size in your new file was reduced enough.  There are some bugs in this forum for pics. I can't explain them but I posted pics too large, I got an error message, but following the size warning it still would not take 4 pics under 150kb each or something to that affect.  I found this with a google search for getting paint for win 7, i didn't read the whole thing to see if that'll do it but  hopefully it works for you.

http://en.softonic.com/s/microsoft-paint-windows-7
Dan & Dar
s/v Resolution, 1990 C34 997
We have enough youth: how about a fountain of "smart"?

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jordan Rash

A good way to be safe, take picture you want to post with your phone...very seldomly are they too large.
Jordan Rash
CaliGal #1126
1991 C34

Ken Juul

MS Office Picture manager.  Picture menu, select compress.  In menu on right try web pages, if still to big, try email.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Lance Jones

Another way to do that is to upload to a website like Picasa, photo bucket or even Facebook and just use a link to that site.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ron Volk

Thanks everybody for all the suggestions and help, I now have a list of options I can use.
Ron - GOOSE III - Hull 1235 - 1993
Tall Rig - Fin Keel
Dana Point, CA