First place in club race yesterday

Previous topic - Next topic

noworries

Took first place in our club race yesterday.  We sailed against 2 C30's and a J-32 (the J boat is usually the winner).  The new kiwi prop worked great.  Tried to get the traveler upgrade installed afterwards but it looks like I'm going to need a bigger screwdriver.  (Screws wouldn't budge)

Had to really fight the traveler (as usual) so the crew was excited to see the new traveler hardware.
1991 Catalina 34 Mark 1.5 w/ M35

Ken Juul

When I replaced my traveller I ended up drilling out the screws.  Might be able to break them loose with an impact driver.  PB Blaster is your friend.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

One thing that has worked for me is to use a screwdriver that uses the multi sized tips or has a hex shaped shaft and use a wrench on the hex part of the tip or shaft while still applying downward pressure on the screwdriver
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Ron Volk

One end, the screw came out very easy, the other I got out using lots of spraying & it took two men, one holding the largest possible screwdriver that would fit in the slot & the other using a large wrench attached to the screwdriver and leaning on it with all his power.  Good luck, the new traveller is wonderful as my wife can actually operate it now.
Ron - GOOSE III - Hull 1235 - 1993
Tall Rig - Fin Keel
Dana Point, CA

Ralph Masters

Congratulatio0ns there "no".  Keep up the good racing, and we all like hearing about your sailing.

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987