Understanding Batteries

Previous topic - Next topic

RV61

To All,
In addition to the info found on here at the C-34 site I found that the following site was very helpfull to undersanding the different battery types, how they work and most important how to monitor, diagnose and maintain healthy batteries . My choice  is still the good old flooded wet cells . Found the Battery guide PDF was very helpful.
www.discover-energy.com/downloads   Not sure if site will be a direct link. If not would like to learn how to add links to site messages
Rick V
Interlude
1986 Hull #237
Lake Erie

Ken Juul

Rick,
To insert a link to a different site, use the "insert hyperlink" button, second row with blue globe.  Paste the address between the brackets.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Stu Jackson

1.  Put the url link into your message
2.  Post the message
3.  If it doesn't automatically make it a hyperlink, go to edit ("Modify") your message, and then highlight the url
4.  Then use the insert hyperlink button, it'll put the [ and ] for you

You could also do 3 and 4 before you post the message, but you can always go back and fix it if it doesn't work the first time.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

RV61

Stu and Ken,

Thanks for the How to Link. I fixed the original post and it works just like cleaning and checking those ground connections works wonders.
Rick V
Interlude
1986 Hull #237
Lake Erie

Ralph Masters

Great info.  I did a hydrometer check yesterday, all cells on both batteries showed over 1300.  I think I need a different hydrometer.  Voltage was 12.8 and 13.1.  Maybe I should have waited a little longer after charging.  Not sure.  I'll do some investigation and see what I find on the net on the subject.  Any ideas??

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Ron Hill

Rick : One of the items that lead me to my type battery was the length of the warrentee. 
You might want to examine that factor!!    A thought
Ron, Apache #788

scotty

Thank you for the information Rick.  Could you also post the link on the thread that Stu has going titled "electricity 101"?  It would be very appropriate there, and would be accessable for a long time since that thread is linked to the wiki.  For a lot of us, this information is a lot to digest, and is taking a while.  It is, however, very much appriciated.
Scotty

Stu Jackson

Quote from: scotty on August 02, 2011, 08:19:23 PM
Could you also post the link on the thread that Stu has going titled "electricity 101"?  It would be very appropriate there, and would be accessable for a long time since that thread is linked to the wiki.  For a lot of us, this information is a lot to digest, and is taking a while.  It is, however, very much appriciated.

Done
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."