Tacked on the A/C purchase and went this a way

Previous topic - Next topic

mtullier

Idea for you. Can you tie into the blower hose in the builge ?
Mike

Lance Jones

Exodus,
No we didn't. Last year we used our Cruiseair in hatch and a window mount A/C in the companion way. This is way cooler an only running one A/C cuts the power usage.

Mtullier,
Interesting idea. However 1) I'd have to do some more routing of the hose and maybe cut a piece I wouldn't be able to hide when we do sell the boat and 2) the blower hose is a much smaller diameter than what they recommend. Good idea though.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Lance Jones

A week since we purchased update:
1) Awesome A/C
2) Found that when you unscrew the drain cap, there is actually a rubber stopper you need to pull to drain condensate. Even after operating continuously (almost), very little drained out this morning when I realized there was ANOTHER plug.
3) Even in mid-90 degree heat - it keeps the cabin around hi 702 low 80s.
4) Crib Board made to mount exhaust was an easy do project. While it is a tight squeeze when going up the steps, it isn't bad compared to climbing over a companion way mounted window a/c!
5) Less power use than last year with better cooling.
6) We actually sleep UNDER the covers not on top of them.
&) I should have slept at that Holiday Inn Express sooner!
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Rod Caines

Lance,
I have a slightly larger Dilonghi unit which I use to cool my home office at the peak of summer.  It has a 4" exhaust hose.  I have a Nicro solar vent in the forward hatch.  Pretty sure it is 4".   I'd need to measure when back on the boat, but why not run the exhaust up through one of your deck vents?  In my case if I could exhaust through the forward hatch and set the unit on the floor in the vberth it would not be in way at the companion way steps.  Now I'm curious as to which draws more amps.  My portable Dilonghi unit or my installed marine unit.  I just might need to drag my portable to the boat soon and see which one cool better for less.
Rodney Caines
1987 C-34 Sail La Vie
S/N 352

karista

Quote from: Lance Jones on June 28, 2011, 06:09:32 AM
A week since we purchased update:
1) Awesome A/C
2) Found that when you unscrew the drain cap, there is actually a rubber stopper you need to pull to drain condensate. Even after operating continuously (almost), very little drained out this morning when I realized there was ANOTHER plug.
3) Even in mid-90 degree heat - it keeps the cabin around hi 702 low 80s.
4) Crib Board made to mount exhaust was an easy do project. While it is a tight squeeze when going up the steps, it isn't bad compared to climbing over a companion way mounted window a/c!
5) Less power use than last year with better cooling.
6) We actually sleep UNDER the covers not on top of them.
&) I should have slept at that Holiday Inn Express sooner!

Lance
Does it cool the entire inside area with all doors open? (V-Berth-Main Cabin and Qtr Berth)
With unit standing by the stairs, what is the temperature in the V-Berth and Aft Cabin?
Bernd, 1990- Hull 1012, Gulfport, FL

Lance Jones

As we now use the aft cabin for storage, that stays closed. However, we do leave the v-berth open. Yesterday the outside temp was in the mid-90s. Inside temp was 80. On our boat in the summer when it is below 82 in the cabin, with fans on, it is very comfortable.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Steven Orr

Lance,

Will a Honda 2000 generator run this ac unit?

Thanks,

Steven