Electrical Panel

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzy

I just installed a new electrical panel from Seaward.  I have an old panel in excellant condition.  It's from an '87 model C34 and
is the fuse type.  Anyone need or want it??
Larry
Larry G. Trumble
East Jordan, MI
Katarina
1987 #475

dodgercc27

Hello Larry,

I just replaced my battery charger as a result of a possible near by lighting strike.  As a result I had to replace some wiring along with my 30 amp breaker on my panel.  After taking my panel apart and looking at that rat nest of a wiring job on my 89 C34 I am contemplating a panel replacement too. 

Was it difficult to replace the panel?  What model number panel did you order from Seaward? And what did it cost?

In order to replace the panel did you have to do a lot of wiring modifications ?

Thanks,

Darrin

gwp

Larry....if you are speaking of the interior AC/DC panel I am very interested. Mine is shot and just one of those distant projects. My budget can't handle the price of new. You may contact me at gwp28542@yahoo.com if you still have it. Thx very much. Gary

gwp

Larry...oops. gave you wrong email address. Try this. gwp300300@yahoo.com. sorry.....gary

Fuzzy

Gary:  Yes, I am talking about the interior ac/dc panel.  I will save it for you and will e-mail you with the amount to ship it.  That's
all I want for it.
Larry
Larry G. Trumble
East Jordan, MI
Katarina
1987 #475

Fuzzy

Darrin:  It was not an easy project because of the tight space behind the panel for all the wiring.  I kind of followed what Mike Vaccaro
did in the Tech Wiki under the electrical topic.  However he used Blue Sea's panels I believe and I used the one from Seaward.  The
model # (or at least the drawing # is PB 4930.  It was used on the C26, 28, 30III, 270 and 310.  It fit pretty close to the original but
was slightly bigger but I was able to fit it in without too much modifying to the space.  I took off the teak plywood facing for the size of
the panel because the new panel is about 1/4" higher which was higher by that amount than the teak trim.  With the plywood panel
face removed it allowed me to tuck the top of the new panel up behind the teak trim piece.  It is also a little wider but was able to fit it
in no problem.  The price was $578 for the panel but I added one ac and two dc breakers so the total came to $628 plus shipping.  I
screwed up and it shipped UPS red from CA to MI for $167.  Ship it regular ground for a lot less (I was in a hurry).  Catalina Direct also
sells this panel now and you can see a picture of it as well as download a pdf of it on their site.  Any more questions please ask as I am
glad to help wherever I can.
Larry
Larry G. Trumble
East Jordan, MI
Katarina
1987 #475

gwp

Larry...sheesh! what a generous offer. I really appreciate this and hopefully can return the favor in some way. Gave you wrong addressing previous message. The correct one is gwp300300@yahoo.com