Steaming Lite

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan Ray

Aloha, Does anyone happen to know what light bulb is use in the masthead steaming light on a 1987 regular mast. I will attach a pic. Obvious reason is I am paying someone to climb and would like him to only climb once! Thanks
Aloha, Susan on "Stray" in the Ala Wai Harbor, Honolulu Hawaii

Stu Jackson

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,3533.0.html

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,5335.0.html

Susan, yours looks like my Forespar.  Check a West marine catalog for the appropriate lamps.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Susan : The Forespar deck/steaming light that I'm familiar with have tabs on the side that have a total of 4 holes (2 on a side) and are held in with pop rivits.  Almost could be an Aqua Signal.

Hope this helps. 
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Susan, I apologize, Ron's right, I misspoke,  it's an AquaSignal.  I remember it has the same lens as the running lights, which are AS.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Susan Ray

Thanks Ron and Stu. Aqua Signal it is. I will now search for bulbs.
Now do I need to get a pop riviter? and what size rivits??
Susan
Did I mention my boat Allegro, is on the market? Go to  www.rainbowyachts.com to see her.
I want to move to Ca where my Son and grandkids are...Tell your friends it's an excellent example of an great boat and at a good asking price.(considering all offers). All the necessary upgrades were done by the PO and I have kept her up to the high standards this board demands.
Mahalo.   

Ron Hill

Susan : Sorry or Happy to hear that you will be selling your C34.  Your feelings prevail!!

I'm sure that the pop rivet is 1/4".  It's not good to use screws that may extend into the mast and possibly chaff the internal halyards. A thought

Good luck. 
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Susan Ray on June 17, 2011, 04:55:52 PM
Thanks Ron and Stu. Aqua Signal it is. I will now search for bulbs.
Now do I need to get a pop riviter? and what size rivits??

One of the links says: "We left the body on the mast, fixed the wiring and replaced the lens housing."

I wrote a Tech Notes, but haven't found the link to it (yet...).   :D

Keep the housing, re-do only the guts, it saves a lot of work.   :thumb:

Not sailing her over back to the Mainland?

pablosgirl

Hi Susan,

I just recently replaced mine.  I have the AquaSignal (1988 #551) and I found that the Ancor #529337 (12 volt 20watt Halogen Bayonet base bulb) from WM did the trick.

Paul
Paul & Cyndi Shields
1988 hull# 551 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
M25XP

Susan Ray

You guys make things so easy! Thanks to all of you. I did think of sailing her back but I'm ready to be a land peson after 20+ years sailing and living aboard. It's a very happy move..now if my boat would just sell! Mahalo, Susan

Michael Shaner

Susan...Allegro is simply beautiful. You have been an absolute pleasure to interact with on the MB over the years...best of luck to you!

ps. When Allegro sells, please occasionally haunt the MB so Ron will have to continue to start his posts with "Guys and Susan"...  :D
Michael & Alison Shaner

Susan Ray

Thank you Michael for the compliments. I will definately stay connected to this board..too much of a habit to break now. I have loved Rons salutation and hope he continues. Still waiting for that "one" buyer...Mahalo, Susan