915 Continuous line upgrade to a 900SL furling unit

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McGill

Folks,

I am planning to replace my continuous line 915CL Hood furling unit with a well maintained 900SL lower unit. If you have the original conversions instructions that
came with your conversion unit way back when I would appreciate a copy. I searched our site here and the WEB without any luck. Any additional words of wisdom or suggestions as always is appreciated.  :thumb:

Thanks,

Steve
CLARITY 1988 #588 TRWK (sold 8/2023 after 17 yrs)
Chesapeake, Herring Bay, MD

Ron Hill

Steve : I've given mine away, but have you asked Hood?  I'm sure that Hood still has those instructions.
Ron, Apache #788

Rick Johnson

I think Ron sent his set to me.  If so, they are probably on the boat.  I'll check tomorrow and if I have them, I'll scan them and send them to you.

Cheers,

Rick
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Steve McGill

Rick,
If you could make the time and take the effort to scan it would be greatly appreciated.

Ron;
Of course going to the source is usually the first place to check, in this case
they are my "Plan B" since they were already closed today when this oppertunity
presented itself to metoday. This site/members has never failed me yet  :D

Steve

Steve McGill

Rick,

Thanks very much for scanning and emailing me the manual for the 900SL. I was at the boat today when I received it. I dropped my head sail, loosened the back stay and set the genoa halyard in place of the head stay for mast support. After reading the installation instructions I understood the fore and aft socket that fit into the drive assembly. Once I completed the installation I pulled the core out of the first 22 feet of my new 5/15" furling line. 

Total was 3 hours, 20 minutes. Would have been a little shorter but the winds was not cooperating when I was trying to get the head sail re-installed on the furler.

Since I have the manual I would gladly send to anyone needing it, or I can provided if its worth post in the manual section. Its 5MB in size.

Steve