LED indirect lighting project

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Jones

Here is the first step to the port side LED lighting. I have yet to add the indirect lighting over the nav station so the wiring is still looking ugly. However, with the port and starboard indirects going, the cabin looks very warm and cozy. You can now read in this lighting. Below are some pictures. The one with the whole cabin was taken without flash.

Photo 1) Shows the back of the switches. I have a small locator hole pre-drilled if I want to add a 3rd switch. The wood is teak trim from my C-27.

Photo 2) Shows the front of the switches. The indirect switch for the cabin lighting is forward on both sides of the boat. That way, from either settee, you can turn on/off the lighting.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Lance Jones

More images.
Photo 1) Shows the cabin lit with only the indirect lighting from port and starboard set ups. TV is easily seen without any glare. The Admiral and I can easily read by the amount of light emitted too.

Photo 2) Shows an overhead look at the lighting.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Joe Kern

Lance - Lights look good, but I always heard bananas on a boat were bad luck.   :shock:
Joe Kern
2005 Catalina 34MKII
Hull # 1717
Merritt Island, Fl

Lance Jones

Joe, we be a banana boat anyway. My favorite fruit and normally the way I act.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ken Juul

The story, as I know it, behind the bad luck myth.  In the early days of sail, cargo ships had open holds, they would be loaded with clusters of green bananas and other cargo for delivery to distant ports.  Quite often all sorts of poisoness and harmless spiders would be hiding in these clusters as they weren't very well cleaned prior to loading.  Several days into the trip, as the food in the holds ran out, the spiders would appear either on deck or crew would start getting bitten at night.  Since there was nothing the crew could do about the spiders.....it became common place to expect bad luck if bananas were loaded on board.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Joe Kern

Quote from: Lance Jones on March 29, 2011, 09:08:05 AM
Joe, we be a banana boat anyway. My favorite fruit and normally the way I act.

I suspected as much.
Joe Kern
2005 Catalina 34MKII
Hull # 1717
Merritt Island, Fl

Lance Jones

Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ron Hill

Lance : I see that you took my eye nut idea and put them on the post side.  I did that in the head, aft cabin (on the winch nuts) and also on the port side.  Comes in handy for hanging things! 
Ron, Apache #788