Interior Gelcoat

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Johnson

I've finally gotten around to replacing the drawer under the v-berth with 2 louvered doors but this involves glassing in a piece of fiberglass to complete the center section.  I understand the part that I can use a piece of what I just cut out to match the rest of the gelcoat, but that still leave a line (top and bottom) that needs to be touched up.  Does anyone know the color code of the interior gelcoat is?  Is there a source for a gelcoat paste like Spectrum makes for the hull?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rick
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Rick Johnson

OK, just in case anyone else needs the same information:

Below is the information for the interior liner color used back in 1990 to get it from www.spectrumcolor.com.  The Foredeck, www.catalinadirect.com might also stock it as well as they keep many of our parts in stock as a dealer.

Years Used      Color Name      Spectrum Part Number    Coating Part Number
1989-1994       CAMEL            3505                            954-NC-030

Good Sailing,

Kent Nelson
Engineering Department
Catalina Yachts
21200 Victory Blvd.
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Ron Hill

Rick : I came across an old article I wrote for the Mainsheet tech notes regarding C34 gelcoat.

I called the old telephone # from a gelcoat patch kit I got at West Marine and found they were still in business. The company was SPECTRUM in Auburn WA.  Their telephone # was (800)754-5516.

What I liked about the company was that they had the thickener called "Cabosil" so you can turn the runny gelcoat into a paste - making it easier to work with.  They still had Catalina white, gray & camel. 
A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Clay Greene

I similarly have a small interior repair job so I called Spectrum.  They only sell the camel in one gallon quantities, cost is $285.50.  Catalina Direct does not carry in it a smaller quantity either.  The Catalina Direct salesperson told me that it is a custom order from Spectrum and that is their minimum order size.  Catalina Direct does sell a tinting kit for the Spectrum gel coat paste that may work for cosmetic jobs. 
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin