Santa bought me my first camera

Previous topic - Next topic

lazybone

Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Ken Juul

First of all, you need to adjust your pictures for posting on the web.  Max size is 150KB, you are limited to 5 a post.  In Windows Vista use the MS Picture manager to compress, other MS systems search the board for "resize" instructions.  Can't help with Mac's, but they are Multimedia friendly so there is probably a built in program.

Then open a "Post new topic" window.  Type in the window normally, then scroll down and press "additional Options", to open the additional menu.  Use the attach window to locate your picture.

Don't forget you can also post on the Flikr site from the C34 home page and then just link.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

lazybone

Arrrgggg.
Didn't work, says it's too big... I'll be back.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

sail4dale

Hey good luck with the camera

Just thought I'd try posting a picture of "True Luff" This was during a "race" cruiser style: dodger up, outboard on the stern, and manned by a bunch of octogenarians.  We did trophy as the first Catalina boat to finish the semi annual inverted start race at CBYC.

This is a group of guys called the OFTSG (Old F___ 's "Tuesday Sailing Group) with the youngest "kid " being 75 years old.  Attached is our sailing pennant.  8) 
An article about this illustrious group should be  appearing in the Latitudes and Attitudes January magazine.
Cat34 Mk II True Luff #1582  2001
San Pedro, CA (Port of Los Angeles)

Joe Kern

Joe Kern
2005 Catalina 34MKII
Hull # 1717
Merritt Island, Fl

lazybone

Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

lazybone

Quote from: sail4dale on January 03, 2011, 12:14:59 PM
Hey good luck with the camera

Just thought I'd try posting a picture of "True Luff" This was during a "race" cruiser style: dodger up, outboard on the stern, and manned by a bunch of octogenarians.  We did trophy as the first Catalina boat to finish the semi annual inverted start race at CBYC.

This is a group of guys called the OFTSG (Old F___ 's "Tuesday Sailing Group) with the youngest "kid " being 75 years old.  Attached is our sailing pennant.  8)  
An article about this illustrious group should be  appearing in the Latitudes and Attitudes January magazine.

Your just taunting me with  how to post pictures.   :cry4`

I'll be back.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Michael Shaner

Dale, looks as though you were running...I'm thinking the additional minuscule square footage of the cruiser's dodger "sail plan" worked for ya...nice! 
Michael & Alison Shaner

lazybone

Sorry for the problems.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

waterdog

Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

lazybone

Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

lazybone

More practice.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Jim Hardesty

Thought I'd give it a try.
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

mainesail

Using photos in your posts can add greatly to the success of a thread and to the bottom line answer.

Using photos here is not difficult once you are set up and ready to go. there are two basic ways to add a photo to a post.

Adding Photos To Posts

How To

Preface:

Picasa3 - I suggest downloading and installing Picasa3. This free software is one of, if not the best, photo organization and minor photo manipulation programs in existence. It is also the absolute easiest to use. Once you download it it will automatically scan your computer for photos and import them into Picasa. Please be aware that it DOES NOT duplicate your stored photos but rather references them at their stored location for use in Picasa3. This technique saves your valuable hard drive space by not duplicating photos. If you do not already use this program you will love it!

It is NOT necessary to have Picasa3 in order to use Picasa Web Albums. I only suggest it because for anyone with a digital camera, it is simply the easiest photo software on the planet. I'm a published photographer who owns and has spent big bucks on Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, and many other pro-grade programs, but who also chooses to use Picasa3 for 90% of my web photo publishing. heck I have even sold Picasa3 edited photos publications like Sail Magazine.

If you have photos already hosted on a site skip to the words in burgundy for instructions on how to add them to your post.

Uploading to Picasa Web Albums

#1 Go here: https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?hl=en_US&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Flh%2Flogin%3Fcontinue%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fpicasaweb.google.com%252Fhome&service=lh2&ltmpl=gp&passive=true or Click on "Web Album"

#2 If you don't already have a free Google account create one.

#3 Once you are into the Picasa web albums page click the "Upload" button.

#4 A box will pop up and you'll want to click "Create a New Album"

#5 Another box will pop up and ask you to name your new album. For illustrative purposes we'll call it "C-34 Forum Pics". Click "Continue"

#6 A page will pop up with five "Browse" buttons. Click "Browse" and then locate the folder and then the specific picture within the folder that you want to upload. When you find the picture click "Open" and it will insert the picture into the upload box.

#7 Once you have found and selected the picture or pictures you want to upload click "Start Upload". Depending upon your connection speed and file size this could take a little bit of time.

#8 Once your photos are uploaded it will take you directly to this new "C-34 Yachts Forum Pics" album. Simply click once on the photo you want to post and make it bigger. Follow directions bellow from here.

Note: You can also use many, many other photo hosting sites such as SmugMug, PhotoBucket, Snapfish or possibly others but you'll need to figure those out how to access or copy the image location on your own. As much as I'd like to I just can't post directions for every possible photo hosting site on the net.

Linking Your Photos Into A Post With;

This is the big secret to hot-linking just about ANY photo hosted anywhere on the web to your post. Please read this part carefully!

See I posted your home page pic into this post:

#1 Once your image in Web Albums is upload and has been made larger move & hoover your mouse pointer over the photo and execute a "right click" and then select "Copy Image Location" from the drop down menu.

Please note that I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser and other browsers may not have or show the "Copy Image Location" feature (this feature is a very, very useful tool!). If you do not use Mozilla Firefox I highly recommend it!

If you still use Internet Explorer  ??? you'll need to execute a "right click"and then select "Properties" from the drop down menu. A new box will pop up and you'll see "Address (URL):" manually highlight only the web address, copy it, and paste it as directed above in between the IMG tags. The image address goes between these:
[ img ]your image address[ /img ]

#2 Back on the C-34 forums, and in your post box, select this icon. When the IMG tags appear paste your image address between the two IMG tag boxes. "right click" on your mouse and select "Paste". You can also press "CTRL V" and paste it that way.

Here's how it will look:

-Maine Sail
Casco Bay, ME
Boat - CS-36T

https://marinehowto.com/