Merry Christmas

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kuba

:santa
Merry Christmas everyone!
For those of you lucky enough to go sailing on Dec. 25th, I'm jealous.

Bob
Bob Kuba, C34IA Past Commodore

dodgercc27

Merry Christmas! 

I'm jealous of anyone who's boat is not covered in ice and snow right now!

Cheers!

scotty

Merry Christmas to you all. Thanks for being such a great support, and fun.  I feel that I've made friends this year.  Yes, Lisa and I are planning on going out tomorrow, or perhaps Monday.
Scotty

Brad Young

feliz Navidad!
Just got back from a two day sail. We sailed out of San Carlos, heading for San Pedro bay. Did not quite make it. We had / have Alt problems. All of a sudden the Tack / Volt gauge died. Tack went to 0 rpm and Voltage gauge went to 12v. I have measured the voltage at the Batt and it measured 12.5 volts. Looks like the engine is not charging the batt. Thought it was best to head back. Spent the nite at Martini cove and then headed to the slip this morn. We are now in the process of trying to figure out if it is the Alt or reg. Any thoughts?

Remember: any day out on the water is a better day than on the land

brad
Brad Young
Boat
Year 1986
Model C34
Hull# 84

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Brad Young on December 26, 2010, 02:06:09 PM
We are now in the process of trying to figure out if it is the Alt or reg. Any thoughts?

Brad,

Loose wire (AO, sense and/or ground) or busted alternator.  What alternator and what regulator do you have?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."